Monday, November 5, 2012

Gratitude

After seeing a few of my friends posting something they're thankful or grateful for each of the days of this month so far... I've felt compelled to join in the fun.

While this exercise isn't something new to me...I actually think of five things I'm thankful for before I go to sleep at night...or in those rare moments when I'm feeling defeated, broken or just sad.

So with that ...

November 1:  I'm thankful for hotels that allow dogs.  I had to be away for a trade show over the weekend, I was happy that I didn't have to leave Whiskey behind.

November 2:  I'm thankful for my neighbors.  Such open, happy, caring spirits all living around the same old, oak tree.



November 3:  I'm thankful for sweet Sophie and being a part of her life and celebrating her first birthday and her first steps.  I'm thankful for the friendships I share with her amazing parents.











November 4:  I'm thankful for falling back, and having an extra hour to sleep.

November 5:  I'm thankful for putting myself first this morning, and spending some much needed time alone, in my running shoes on the trail.  My feet hitting the ground seems to hit the reset button in my mind.  Everything is good again.  This week is about to be amazing!

November 6:  I'm thankful that I live in a country where my voice matters.  I'm thankful for early voting.  And I'm thankful to care about the issues so much that I felt compelled to easily chose one over the other.  I dream of a day where marriage can be marriage, and not be subclassified as gay or straight marriage.  I dream of a day where women can choose what's right for themselves and their bodies, without having religion or government have a say in it.  I dream of a day where the amount of money you have or don't have affects the care of treatment you're given when you're sick.  You guessed it kids, my vote went to our Commander in Chief, Mr. Obama!

November 7:  I'm thankful that my rights as a woman will be protected for the next four years!

November 8:  I'm thankful for taking time for myself.  I spent the morning focusing on me, and my health and happiness.  It's strange how good it feels to wake up feeling rested, work out, cook breakfast, take a shower, iron my clothes and curl my hair before I leave the house.  Truly the small things... that and lunch with Kelly.  Always a bright moment in my day when I get to see his face... even it it's got a mustache on it right now.

November 9:  I'm thankful for margaritas at lunch with Stacy.  And I'm thankful for Kelly, Hallie, Anthony, Sarah, Seth, Gerald and Tolga... faces I hadn't seen in forever.

November 10:  I'm thankful for pizza and catching up with Sarah... and being asleep by 1030 on a Saturday!

November 11:  I'm thankful for Eddie Vedder.  And Owen.  And Aaron.  And spending the morning playing with my pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment