Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby Blue

Back in 2009 Dave Matthews Band released  their most recent studio album "Big Whiskey and the Gru Grux King.  As a pretty ridiculous DMB fan, this was a pretty big deal to me.  I loved the album immediately... and there are a few songs that immediately stuck out to me.  Songs that I listened to over...and over...

Baby Blue was one of those songs.  I'm fairly certain it's about someone dying, but the love story behind it seemed so amazing.  I remember thinking... I hope someday that I feel that way about someone.

I'm not sure WHY I listened to this last Tuesday... but the moment I did, I just sat there thinking... this is how I felt when I met Devin.  I'd been thinking about getting him an ipod shuffle and loading it with all of my favorite songs - for him to have on the plane.  Music is such a huge part of me, I figured by listening to these songs, he'd get to know me a little better.

This is the song I wanted him to hear the night before he left to go back to Holland.  Lyrics posted below the embedded song, which is a video of a concert I was actually at.  Weee!



Confess, your kiss still knocks me off my legs.The first time I saw you was like a punch right through my chestand I will forever, ‘cause you’ll forever bemy one true broken heart, pieces inside of me
and you’ll forever, my baby be.
You will rest your head, your strength once saving.And when you wake you will fly away,holding tight to the legs of all your angels.Goodbye my love, into your blue, blue eyes,your blue, blue world, you're my baby blue.
Confess I'm not quite ready to be left.Still, I know I gave my level best.You give, you give, to this I can attestYou made me, you made me.You and me forever, baby.
You will rest your head, your strength once saving.And when you wake you will fly away,holding tight to the legs of all your angels.Goodbye my love, into your blue, blue eyes,in your blue, blue world, you and me forever.
You will rest your head, your strength once saving.And when you wake you will fly away,holding tight to the legs of all your angels.Goodbye my love, into your blue, blue eyes,in your blue, blue world, you and me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment